Wednesday, September 06, 2006

1919 Rumely Oil Pull Tractor
Twin Cylinder started on Kerosine then switched to Fuel Oil
30 horsepower to pulley, 20 drawbar horsepower
owned by George and Rosima Ivie of Heyburn, Idaho
This Tractor was purchased by Rosima's father Fred Uhrig used she told me.
Rosima told me her father farmed with the tractor in Wendel, Idaho before moving to Bellevue, Idaho.
Fred sawed wood with this tractor well into the 1970's as he was still sawing wood with a belt to a large saw blade with a wood cradle on it when I graduated High School in 1974.
I believe he may have been using it after I went to college.
Rosima stated the tractor was last ran when her father was alive he was the
last person to have it running.
Fred and Katherine Uhrig were like Grandparents to me and neighbors where I was raised in Bellevue, Idaho
Mr. and Mrs. Uhrig used an old time wood cook stove and an old time wood heating stove
in their home about a block from my home.
I never knew of them to heat or cook with any other type stoves, therefore they sawed a lot of wood with this Rumely Tractor with the help of their children and grand children through the years.
I would hear the old tractor start up on a saturday and I would get out of bed and get dressed and go watch the tractor and saw run for hours on end as a child.
What a fond memory of this old tractor and the people who owned it.
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home