Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Gary's Excellent Adventure
This trip was made on Labor Day Weekend
We traveled from Grace, Idaho to Ketchum, Idaho
and watched the Wagon Days Parade
The Old Ore Wagons have rear wheels which
measure about 7 feet tall.
We then drove to Filer, Idaho
to attend the Twin Falls County Fair.
Then we stayed that night in Burley, Idaho
and the next day while eating breakfast I saw some old
friends at the cafe.
The woman's parents were my neighbors when I was a
boy growing up in my hometown of Bellevue, Idaho
They have her fathers antique 1919 Rumely Oil Pull Tractor
and so we went to their home and I photographed the
Tractor I used to watch her father saw wood with when I
was a child.
Then we traveled to Richfield, Idaho and visited relatives I had not seen in several years.
Then off to Bellevue to a Blue Grass concert in the City Park. In that park was where I began grade school in the old Bellevue School that has since been torn down.
After listening to some music we traveled to Sun Valley, Idaho, to get to Trail Creek Canyon.
From there we traveled across Trail Creek Canyon road to just north of Mackay, Idaho near Mount Borah the tallest mountain in Idaho which is over 12,000 feet.
Then onto Mackay, to Arco, then across the desert through the Idaho National Engineering Labatory site to Blackfoot, Idaho.
Took the interstate then to Pocatello, ate dinner and continued back to Grace.
Long trip lots of miles and lots of fun and good photo opportunities.
Hope all who view this enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home